[ANSS-netops] reftek unity or x32?

John Torrisi torrisi at seismo.unr.edu
Thu Mar 17 20:38:31 UTC 2011

Hey Mitch/All,

Along with running the 130's on high gain we damp the inputs for S-13's with
5.6k ohm resistors and 9.1k for L-4-3's. Also, to prevent the magnets in
S-13's from cross coupling with each other you should separate each
sensor/vault.  PASSCAL suggests 40cm between magnets, but we've seen it with
our vaults that are placed further apart than that even?  I will go three
feet of separation for any future vault installs in our network.  Here's a
link:

http://www.iris.edu/hq/files/programs/passcal/docs/sensor_specs/s13.pdf

John

--