[Shakecast-users] How to import a shakemap from a non-USGS host site

Glenn Biasi gbiasi.seismo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 22:17:59 UTC 2013

Hi ShakeCasters,

1.  How would one import a scenario from a local ShakeMap instance? I'm
creating scenarios on a local ShakeMap v3.5 testbed but would not want
to push every experiment to the main USGS site just to import it.

2.  Where would one begin to troubleshoot a failure in the inject and
scenario-inject processes?  The download seems to have occurred (no
errors reported, files are visible in
c:\ShakeCast\sc\data\scenarioname_se) but the scenario itself is not in
the Processed Event list.  I didn't recognize anything diagnostic in the
log files.   Process of developing them was identical to four that
succeeded.  All scenarios display fine at
earthquake.usgs.gov->Nevada->Scenarios, but two of them fail the
scenario-inject (mount_rose_fault_zone_m6.9hpgv_se and
ruby_mountains_fault_zone_m6.9_se, specifically).

Thanks in advance,

Glenn

--
Dr. Glenn Biasi