[Shakecast-users] Accessing ShakeMap Atals from within ShakeCast

Kuo-Wan Lin klin at usgs.gov
Wed Nov 19 21:53:01 GMT 2008

Greetings,

This email is being sent to everyone who has registered as a user of
ShakeCast, software that provides post-earthquake damage assessment
shortly after they occur.

Recently we had just expanded the Atlas of ShakeMaps on the USGS web
site from the current list of ~950 earthquakes to over 5500.  The new
inventory have a new version tag of 1.1 and include HAZUS input files
for all US events and selected events between 1960-1972.  These maps
represent our best-effort results and their completeness ideal for the
purpose of scenario planning and exercise.

Unfortunately, the new decimal version number of Atlas (as oppose to
integer version number for real-time systems) caused the ShakeCast
function to fail after download.  I have posted the bug-fix of two files
to the ftp site below and have included it into the current installer
(even thought it retains the same version number).

ftp://ftpext.usgs.gov/pub/cr/co/golden/lin/Atlas_ShakeCast_fix/

To apply the update, simply replace both files on your local ShakeCast
system with the ones on the ftp site.

Best regards,

Kuo-Wan Lin and David Wald
U.S. Geological Survey