[Shake-dev] Integration of accelerometer data to shakemap

Phuntsho Pelgay ppelgay at moea.gov.bt
Sat Oct 19 05:59:42 UTC 2019

Dear shakemap
I have following questions regarding shakemap as I am new to it:
1. I have been trying to use our own accelerometer meter data ( aka
intensity meter ), which gives PGA, PGV and MMI,  in shakemap. However, I
am not quite sure how shakemap modules consider these data for calculation.
I have read technical guide for version 3.5 about macro seismic data. There
it says measured intensity data are weighted low for calculation of
shakemap. I have tried to convert our own intensity data to shakemap
readable xml and run the model. And I have played around the pga and MMI
values in that xml and run the shakemap module for the same event id to see
the changes in the outputs. But, I saw no changes in the outputs. So
my question is, how do we configure shakemap so that it uses only local
strong motion data to generate shakemap. Our objective is to monitor
earthquake intensity locally, and we have dense enough strong motion
stations.
2. We are using seiscomp to generate shakemap event file. How do we link
shakemap to shakecast, so that latter automatically uses shakemap products?
I am sorry if this question is irrelevant here.

Thank you in advance
--
null

--

administrator. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this
email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those