[Shake-dev] Installation error: HTML/Template.pm in @INC

Allen, Trevor Trevor.Allen at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Sat Dec 6 01:23:16 UTC 2014

Hi Erik,

It looks like you’re missing a perl module (HTML/Template.pm)  – you’ll probably find there are a few missing when you get into it.  I believe the SM installation instructions give details on modules that aren’t installed in the standard perl distribution.  You can use cpan to install most (if not all?) of the non-standard modules.

http://www.cpan.org/modules/INSTALL.html

Cheers & good luck!
Trev

From: Shake-dev [mailto:shake-dev-bounces at geohazards.usgs.gov] On Behalf Of Erik Bäckman
Sent: December 5, 2014 05:29
To: shake-dev at geohazards.usgs.gov
Subject: [Shake-dev] Installation error: HTML/Template.pm in @INC

Hi there,
This is my first post so bare with me.
I am trying to install Shakemap. After configuring the /include/macros file I write the following

# cd shake
# make all

But then I end up with the following error message:

Can't locate HTML/Template.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /home/erik/smap/smap/bin/../perl/lib /home/erik/smap/smap/bin/../lib /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at ./web line 13.
Do you know a solution to this? I can't think of one.
Running the software
Scientific Linux
GMT 4.5.13
Perl 5.10.1