[Shake-dev] Help

Lily Seidman leseidman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 19:51:26 UTC 2012

Dear ShakeMap Users,

I am currently a new user of ShakeMap and am trying to customize ShakeMap
(after having downloaded it from Fedora and Virtual Machine) for Chile.  I
have created an event.xml file in which to test my customizations on.  When
I run "shake" for the event, I get lines that say "no topo data found" or
"can't find topo data."  Is this because the current topo data is for
California and not Chile?  If so, what do I do to customize the topo data?
 Also, do I need to do the same (i.e. customize) with the basindepths.xy
file so that it is for Chile and not the LA basin?

Also, I have a few questions about turning the Chilean services data files
into xml files.  Do you suggest I use a XML parser and, if so, which do you
suggest?

Thank you so much in advance for your help and suggestions.

Saludos,
Lily

--
Lily Seidman (Smith '11)