[Shake-dev] Update/Maintenance reminder

Bruce Worden cbworden at caltech.edu
Wed Jan 5 17:04:42 UTC 2011

Hi Folks,

Happy New Year!

For those of you running pre-v3.5 ShakeMap, don't forget to update
your web page archive for 2011. Do this by going to <shake_home>lib/
genex/web/config and editing archivepages.xml to close out 2010 and
add a new entry for 2011. The entries should look something like this:

<archivepages template="archive">
   <page filename="2011" label="2011"
         title="Archive of ShakeMaps from 2011">
     <start month="01" day="01" year="2011"/>
   </page>

   <page filename="2010" label="2010"
         title="Archive of ShakeMaps from 2010">
     <start month="01" day="01" year="2010"/>
     <end   month="12" day="31" year="2010"/>
   </page>

For those of you running v3.5, I've made the update in the source (and
added 2010, which was missing). You can do the usual 'svn update' to
get the new file. The latest update also contains some other changes:

o Changed the projection of the Google Earth overlay. This new
projection should make the overlay fit the underlying maps better.

o Added two new GMPE modules: ALPI_OCCI_table and SwissNGA.
ALPI_OCCI_table is a GMPE for Italy, contributed by Licia Faenza, and
SwissNGA is based on Cua & Heaton (2008), contributed by Georgia Cua.
I'll let the modules' authors comment on their applicability.

o Updated the Software Guide.

All the best,

Bruce