[Shake-dev] libnetcdf.so.4 problem

Valentino Lauciani valentino.lauciani at ingv.it
Thu Sep 9 07:29:09 UTC 2010

On 08/Sep/2010, at 18:54, Bruce Worden wrote:

> Hi Valentino,
>
> Yes, you can set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, but make sure you've set your GMTLIB and CDFLIB variables correctly in <shake_home>/include/macros. Those should allow the executable to find the libraries. If you're on Solaris and using Sun's compiler, follow the instructions for the LINKOPT variable, too.

Hi Bruce

yes, the "<shake_home>/include/macros" file is configured correctly:
# GMT: the path to the GMT binaries
# WARNING: The following line has changed.  Old:
# GMT  = /usr/local/bin
# New:
GMT = /opt/GMT4.5.2/bin/
# Please review this change then delete these comments.

# GMTLIB:: the path to the GMT libraries
# GMTINC:: the path to the GMT include files
# WARNING: The following line has changed.  Old:
# GMTLIB  = /usr/local/lib
# New:
GMTLIB = /opt/GMT4.5.2/lib
# Please review this change then delete these comments.
# WARNING: The following line has changed.  Old:
# GMTINC  = /usr/local/include
# New:
GMTINC = /opt/GMT4.5.2/include
# Please review this change then delete these comments.

but without setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable we receive the previous error; I don't know If It is normal. We are using Linux Suse 11.2.

Thank you.