[Shake-dev] Problem with KML files

Bruce Worden cbworden at caltech.edu
Mon Mar 29 19:12:07 UTC 2010

Hi Kris/All,

I have a fix for this problem. If you are using ShakeMap 3.5, you can
get it with "svn update" which will give you a new KML.pm module. Then
do "make" as usual. If you are using an earlier version of ShakeMap,
go to src/genexlib and edit KML.pm. Change the lines:

   if ($refresh > 2000000) {     # Weird bug in GE when intervals get
too big
     $refresh = 2000000;
   }

to:

   if ($refresh > 1000000) {     # Weird bug in GE when intervals get
too big
     $refresh = 1000000;
   }

Apparently the "weird bug" got weirder with newer versions of GE.

Bruce