[Shake-dev] Problem with KML files

Kristine Pankow pankow at seis.utah.edu
Thu Mar 25 18:39:10 UTC 2010

I have been re-running some previously generated ShakeMap scenarios in order
to get them transferred to the USGS webpages.  In the process, I found out
that the KML files were corrupted.  KML files from the generation of the
ShakeMaps were fine.  Through trial and error, I have discovered that if the
origin time of the event is greater than one year old when generating a
ShakeMap, the KML file gets corrupted (this is true for scenarios and real
events).  I am still running version v3.2, so if this has been fixed sorry to
bother the list.  If not, does anyone have any suggestions?  I can simply change
the origin time of the scenarios and re-run, but some of the scenarios were done
for specific exercises.

Thanks,
Kris