[Shake-dev] plotregr outputs for the sample event (9583161)

Bruce Worden cbworden at caltech.edu
Thu Feb 25 20:33:53 UTC 2010

Hi Everyone,

There is a bug in grind that causes plotregr to function improperly if
the stations in a data file do not specify a 'netid' attribute. Event
9583161 has an old data file that does not specify a netid for its
stations. I have put a fixed version of grind in the v3.5 release
repository that should fix the problem. As usual, you do "svn update"
and "make" in your ShakeMap home directory. You'll also get a couple
of other fixes, as well.

In general, though, the netid attribute is useful because it gives you
the opportunity to plot with different symbols and colors for
different networks (and intensity data). So I'd recommend you use it
when making data files.

I've attached corrected plotregr plots for 9583161, below.

Bruce