[Shake-dev] Updated Release 3.5

Bruce Worden cbworden at caltech.edu
Wed Aug 11 00:12:04 UTC 2010

Hi Folks,

I've updated the release code with a number of bug fixes and
enhancements.

o iiscale, which was the subject of a previous update, now prints the
name of the operative GMICE with the scale; also, the Wald99 relation
used a hard-wired set of PGM values that were not entirely correct--
the new version gives somewhat different PGM ranges for each intensity
value, and they are now consistent with the way Wald99 works. I've
also improved the documentation for iiscale in the Software Guide.

o Gabe Plank at UNR has found that "gm" from GraphicsMagick makes
better-looking text on Linux systems than does "convert" from
ImageMagick. I've updated genex and genex.conf to allow the use of gm,
and updated the Software Guide to reflect this option. Linux users may
wish to try this out.

o When computing bias in grind, if the bias hits bias_(max|min)_bias,
the bias is now set to zero, rather than the min/max. This is safer.

o Fix timezone bug reported by Gabe Plank.

o Removed -gsm as a default flag to mapping in shake.conf. GSM folks,
take notice.

o Removed the various obsolete programs to retrieve CIIM data from
retrieve.conf. If you want to use CIIM data, add the correct program
"getdyfi" to retrieve.conf.

o Other minor fixes and documentation updates.

As always, please let me know if you run into any problems.

Bruce