[Shake-dev] GMT 4.1.3 xyz2grd error

Vince Quitoriano vinceq at usgs.gov
Tue Mar 13 18:46:44 GMT 2007

Bruce,

I found a serious error in GMT 4.1.3's grd2xyz command. When computing
a node value that gets multiple xyz data, it defaults to adding up those
xyz values
rather than taking the mean (which we expect). I'm not sure how that affects
ShakeMap. In grind, there's an xyz2grd command that's used when creating
display
grids (PGA/PGV/etc) that are finer than the estimate grid. I don't think
anyone
does that unless they're making very small maps.

I'd like to upgrade to GMT 4.1.4, which has a bugfix, here in Golden.
Have you done
any testing on 4.1.4?

- Vince