[Shake-dev] Transition

Bruce Worden bruce at gps.caltech.edu
Mon Aug 13 21:33:16 GMT 2007

Hi Folks,

For those of you who have not yet heard, I am leaving the USGS to
take a position in the private sector.  This Friday, August 17 will
be my final day.  While this may seem short notice, we have been
working for some time to make the transition a smooth one.  For the
past year, Brian Flagg (bflagg at usgs.gov) has been assuming the duties
of operating the southern California ShakeMap system, as well as some
of the development responsibilities.  He will continue in these roles
after my departure.  To the extent that there are other holes to be
filled in the development, operation, and maintenance of ShakeMap,
Dave Wald, Kuo-Wan Lin, and Vince Quitoriano will be doing so until a
more permanent solution is found.    As always, using this mailing
list will make sure that your questions, problems, suggestions, etc.,
are seen by the right people.

I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you who have
contributed to the ShakeMap project, and to express to all of you how
much I have enjoyed working with you.  I wish you all the best of
luck in your ShakeMap (and other) endeavors and encourage you to
continue to maintain the high quality of work that has make ShakeMap
such a significant and prominent earthquake response tool.

My new position is in the oil and gas industry with a seismic
reflection contractor.  I expect to be staying in Pasadena for the
foreseeable future.  My USGS email account will probably be absorbed
or redistributed in some way to insure continuity in the project, but
my Caltech account (bruce at gps.caltech.edu) will either remain open or
be forwarded to one of my personal accounts.

Best of luck to you all,
Bruce Worden