[PNW-Earthquake-Hazards] Lots more info on the Boulder Creek Fault

Joan S Gomberg gomberg at usgs.gov
Tue Jan 2 20:43:43 GMT 2007

All,

I am sending additional figures from Elizabeth Barnett on the Boulder
Creek fault - thanks Elizabeth! The files are quite large so I will send
them in a series of emails (sorry but this is the simplest and quickest
way).  The files are listed below.

Thanks!
Joan

File 'radiocarb_table.doc':
Table of radiocarbon dates. We are leaning on dates from wetlands (most
reliable) and Hornet trench, and Mazama ash found at base of wetland
cores. SJ's trench dates we not as helpful.

PDF Files, one per figure:
Fig 7: regional geo map with LiDAR and 10m DEM base showing full length of
scarp
Fig 8: LiDAR and air photos showing Kendall scarp, which is around 4 km
long, and trench and wetland locations
Fig 9: SJ trench log
Fig 10: Unit description of SJ trench
Fig 12: Hornet trench log and unit description-- both trenches show
outwash thrust over 2 buried soils separated by fault colluvium.
Figure 13: Wetland coring x-section with radiocarbon dates for top two
buried soils (buried by gyttja flood deposits post-earthquake). (dates are
yrs BP)

Joan Gomberg
US Geological Survey
University of Washington
Dept of Earth and Space Sciences, Box 351310
Seattle, Washington 98195-1310
206-616-5581(office)
206-553-8350 (fax)
206-941-7498 (cell)