[Geomag-daily] Magnetic Storm Notice

Worthington, Bill bworth at usgs.gov
Mon Sep 28 18:48:37 UTC 2020

Magnetic Storm Notice

September 28, 2020

To All Observers,

We received notices, from SWPC, of the start of a moderate geomagnetic storm over the weekend.  For the next 1-2 days please suspend all routine maintenance near the magnetometers because we do not want any artificial disturbances in the data during the storm.  This includes lawn mowing, pest control visits, cleaning, and building repairs.  For those of you at high latitudes, this would include the Alaskan observatories and possibly Newport; you may want to postpone Absolute Observations if the field looks too disturbed.  We will let you know when the disturbance is over so that anything that was postponed can be completed.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call us.

Bill Worthington
Geophysicist                         Tel: 303-273-8472
U. S. Geological Survey       Fax: 303-273-8506
Geomagnetism Program    Cell: 303-895-6150
PO Box 25046, MS 966
Denver, CO  80225              bworth at usgs.gov