[Geomag-daily] Geomagnetic Storm Alert

Worthington, Bill bworth at usgs.gov
Mon Sep 10 21:13:49 UTC 2018

 *Geomagnetic Storm Alert*

September 10, 2018

To All Observers,

We received several notices today from SWPC, of the start of a geomagnetic
storm later today.  For the next 2-3 days please suspend all routine
maintenance
near the magnetometers because we do not want any artificial disturbances
in the data during the storm.  This includes lawn mowing, pest control
visits, cleaning, and building repairs.  For those of you at high latitudes,
this would include the Alaskan observatories and possibly Newport; you may
want to postpone Absolute Observations if the field looks too disturbed.
We will let you know when the disturbance is over so that anything that was
postponed can be completed.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call us.

Bill

Bill Worthington, Ph.D.
U. S. Geological Survey        Tel: 303-273-8472
Geomagnetism Program       Fax: 303-273-8506
P.O. Box 25046  MS 966      Cell: 303-895-6150
Denver, CO  80225               bworth at usgs.gov