[Geomag-daily] Daily Report, Tuesday, November 20, 2018, YD 324

Sauter, Edward esauter at usgs.gov
Tue Nov 20 16:18:05 UTC 2018

All,
The following discrepancies were noted this day:

*Deadhorse.  There was one bad 1 second value during minute 1742 UT, on
11/1918 (YD 323). *

*Deadhorse Test.  DHT is down. *

*Shumagin. The Dist, SQ and SV plots are still corrupted. *

*Tucson. There are gaps in the derived plots, Dist, SQ and SV, from 0002
through 0009 UT, on 11/20/18 (YD 324). Probably due to an internet dropout.
*

*Stennis. GOES Trans missions are still absent. Awaiting more visual
inspections. *

*San Juan. GOES Trans missions are still absent. Miguel has done a visual
inspection and he can't see anything. I will have him reconnect the power
to the xmitter at his first opportunity. *

*Honolulu. We are still experiencing data gaps in the fluxgate data as
follows: minute 1909 UT, 11/19/18 (YD 323), and 0353 UT through 0355
UT, minute 0359 UT, 0404 through 0405 UT, 0648 through 0651 UT, 0703
through 0705 UT, and from 0715 through 0723 UT,  on 11/20/18 (YD 324).
These data gaps also impact the Dist Plot.  To the best of my knowledge, we
are still getting Non UTC time errors (the GPS is not locked onto enough
satellites to output UTC time).  Replacement parts may be in order.*

*Dist.  All Dist plots are absent starting about 23 hours ago.  The history
keeps being erased.  The Dist plot at Shumagin is still corrupted. There
are gaps at Tucson in the derived plots, Dist, SQ and SV at the following
time: from 0002 through 0009 UT, on 11/20/18 (YD 324). Probably due to an
internet dropout. *

*SQ and SV.   The SQ and the SV plots at Shumagin are still
corrupted.   There are gaps at Tucson in the derived plots, SQ and SV at
the following time: from 0002 through 0009 UT, on 11/20/18 (YD 324).
Probably due to an internet dropout. *

*Boulder E-Field. None.*

*DST.  There is the daily offset in the USGS Dst-1min plot resulting from
the corresponding data gap in the plot for Kakioka at around the end/start
of each day.  *

That's all,
Ed Sauter

--