[ANSS-netops] Reftek RTPD/RTCC problem with Ubuntu 16.04

James P Davis (jpdavis) jpdavis at memphis.edu
Fri Sep 7 17:43:19 UTC 2018

Hi all,

We've run into a peculiar problem here with RTPD, RTCC, and Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. The issue we're having is that RTCC is able to get parameters from our DAS units but is unable to perform status-control via RTPD (but can with direct connections).  When I try the exact same setup on Ubuntu 12.04, it works perfectly. Something in 16.04 is preventing this one critical operation from happening. It's happening for both RTI 3.0 and 4.2. Using either the precise server IP or loopback makes no difference.

Trimble support has been patient but at this point this is more of an OS issue. Has anyone else run into this RTPD/RTCC problem?

James P Davis                         jpdavis at memphis.edu
LSP I Digital Seismic Systems Support
Center for Earthquake Research and Information (CERI)
University of Memphis                Ph: 901-678-4753
Memphis, TN 38152                   Fax: 901-678-4734