[ANSS-netops] cellular hotspot with reftek ?

Wilson, David dwilson at usgs.gov
Thu May 3 22:46:51 UTC 2018

Hi Brian,

Refteks work fine behind a cell modem because the reftek sends a UDP packet
to the server to make contact.  The server then reaches back to the Reftek
using that same path in the other direction. The trick is that your RTPD
server has to be able to receive connections from the cell modem address
which is a public address, so a RTPD in a DMZ would work.

Dave