[ANSS-netops] Altus/K2 timing issue

Jon Rusho jon at seis.utah.edu
Tue Jul 3 15:30:10 UTC 2018

We've run into some glitches with getting the fix merged into the
Earthworm svn repository.   The fix is pretty simple--check to see if
the data is timestamped between Nov 1998 and July 2018 and add an offset
if it is.   The code snippet for outptthrd.c is below, with the existing
lines before and after.   This has been tested in k2ew version 2.43, on
Ubuntu 14 32-bit.   We're still trying to get it to work with the latest
& greatest 64-bit version of Earthworm.

----------------
       starttime = (double)(timestamp + K2_TIME_CONV) + (double)msec *
0.001;

    /* check for 1024 week rollover glitch 2018/2019   jr 01jul2018 */
       if (starttime > 911143558 && starttime < 1530403744 )
       {
         starttime += 619315200;   /* add 1024 weeks of seconds */

       }

       /* Check packet time; reject packets older than 1981, which would
mean

--
Jon Rusho

jon at seis.utah.edu