[ANSS-netops] Q330 behind cell modem

Doug Neuhauser doug at seismo.berkeley.edu
Fri Aug 11 20:30:13 UTC 2017

Yes, BSL has used several types of cell modems (Cradlepoint IBR650 and
Sierra Wireless RV50) with Q330s.  Before you deduce that it is a Q330
issue, you should try a computer/laptop on the LAN side of your cell modem
to see if you can talk to the computer from the cell network side.

At the BSL, we configure the cell modem/routers to provide an IPSEC
VPN tunnel to an IPSEC VPN router at the BSL.  We allocated an IPV4 /24 private
network on the cell modem LAN.  All traffic from the LAN goes over the
IPSEC tunnel to a private IPV4 /24 subnet at the BSL.

- Doug N