[ANSS-netops] RT-130 GPS issue

Dave Drobeck drobeck at seis.utah.edu
Mon Jul 6 18:31:00 UTC 2015

Hi All,
I'm having a mysterious problem w/ one station.   It had been working
fine for ~ 8 years, then recently the GPS clock stopped locking.  I
visited the site with complete replacement parts (DAS, GPS, cable).  I
finally got it to work w/ different DAS and original cable and GPS
clock, but it turned out that that was the last time it locked.  On-site
what I observed is that if I told the clock to go continuous it would
turn on, search, say it locked but reported 0 SVs, then turn off w/o
syncing the RTC.  After much fooling around and trial and error with GPS
mode, cables, DAS, clocks, I got the different DAS and original clock to
to behave, locked, reported 8 SVs, synced RTC, looked good.  Went home.
  Hasn't locked since.  Same behavior, I can turn the clock on via RTCC,
but the DAS reports it turns off again immediately w/o syncing the RTC.

The "good" news is I have reproduced the behavior in my shop, so I can
work here, but I haven't figured it out yet.  Has anyone else had this
problem - and a solution?  Thanks,
Dave