[ANSS-netops] solar power problems

Mitchell M Withers (mwithers) mwithers at memphis.edu
Sun Jan 4 14:07:45 UTC 2015

Many of our stations run on battery and solar and that normally works well.  We have a routine battery replacement cycle to make sure they don't get old.  Theoretically, we should be able to run with zero solar for about 25 days.  But this has been an unusually dreary winter in the southeast and we haven't had much sun for the past two months or more.  I'm wondering what others do in areas with limited sunlight to power stations that don't have AC available?

Mitch

Center for Earthquake Research and Information (CERI)
University of Memphis                Ph: 901-678-4940
Memphis, TN 38152                   Fax: 901-678-4734