[ANSS-netops] Seismic Network Communication Systems

Juan B Lugo Toro juanb.lugo at upr.edu
Fri Jan 3 01:06:39 UTC 2014

First Happy New Year for all !!!!

We remember the old days where our seismic network communication system was
VHF and UHF. It was not so bad as soon as we found a good place to install
repeaters. The FCC assigned us frequencies that no one else can use. But
now we have better digitizers and we need more bandwidth. The problem now
is that we share the frequency spectrum with so many people and I am
talking about the open 900 MHz, and 2.4 GHz. that we are using. At the
beginning of the project you do your homework and test the path everything
was good. After a few months you start receiving interference and your
communications problems start.

I will like to suggest a communication section where we can share data
about problems, experiences and or suggestions of equipment that can be
used.

Thanks

Juan Lugo

--