[ANSS-netops] rt130 mac address

Antonio Sanchez a.sanchez at reftek.com
Thu Jan 24 14:53:50 UTC 2013

Hi there Mitch,

You will need to know the serial number of your RT506 board to determine
the Mac Address, this is in the SOH file once a day at least.

The MAC Address of 6 bytes is figured out as follows;

The first three bytes are assigned to REF TEK by IEEE: 00 01 89

The next three bytes are assigned by REF TEK.  Assigned based on board
number and board serial number.  Our current definition is:

((board number - 506) << 14) + board serial number

So RT506 s/n 513 would be: 00 01 89 00 02 01 & RT506 s/n 1519 would be: 00
01 89 00 05 EF

Let me know if you need more details

Antonio

--

Antonio Sanchez

REFTEK Customer Support Manager

A Division of Trimble

1600 10th Street Plano TX 75074 USA

Ph 214 440-1265

Ph 214 440-1271 (direct)

http://www.reftek.com

ftp://ftp.reftek.com

" Want to become an expert with REF TEK equipment?  Attend our REF TEK

University.  Follow the link on our web site http://www.reftek.com "