[ANSS-netops] Cell modem?

Doug Given given at caltech.edu
Fri Feb 8 22:19:16 UTC 2013

     Our real-world numbers from 6-channel Q330s (Steim 2 compression)
show volumes of about 3.2Gb/mo or less. We have exceeded the 5Gb/mo
limit when there is some pathology at the station that causes lots of
resends. So far our carrier, Verizon, has not dinged us for any overages.

| Douglas Given             | Project Chief                       |
| U.S. Geological Survey    | S. California Earthquake Monitoring |
| Caltech Seismological Lab | (626)583-7812  FAX: (626)583-7827   |
| 525 So. Wilson Ave.       | given at caltech.edu or doug at usgs.gov  |
| Pasadena, CA  91106       | http://earthquake.usgs.gov          |