[ANSS-netops] mounting bolts for RT 147-01/3 accelerometer

John R. Evans jrevans at usgs.gov
Tue Jan 18 18:35:57 UTC 2011

Hi Tom,

Not something we ran into in ASL testing, though I recall we had divots machined in at leg positions.  If not doing that, I suggest a moderately stiff compliant wrapping of some kind to minimize case strain.  One possibility is a wrapping of cold shrink on the bolt.

Cheers,
John

John R. Evans

Normally at:					Intermittently at:
U.S. Geological Survey		USGS/ASL
345 Middlefield Rd, MS-977	P.O. Box 82010
Menlo Park  CA  94025		Albuquerque  NM  87198-2010
650-329-4753				505-846-1793
jrevans at usgs.gov			Cell:  408-209-6219

There is no problem so great or grave that it cannot be
much diminished by a nice cup of tea.  (Bernard-Paul Heroux)

I got nasty habits; I take tea at three.  (Mick Jagger)