[ANSS-netops] mounting bolts for RT 147-01/3 accelerometer

Tom Yelin yelin at ess.washington.edu
Fri Jan 14 18:26:28 UTC 2011

The OEM mounting/restraining bolts for these units have about
1-2mm play when inserted through the hole in the unit's chassis.

Paul Bodin and I are concerned that even with the nut
tightened, in the case of large ground motions there will be
an increased chance that the unit will shift (albeit
not my much) relative to the mounting point.

The hole appears to be just shy of 12 mm in diameter.
Has anyone been concerned enough about this issue
to find an alternate bolt?  If so, do you have
the size on record, and perhaps a supplier, too?

Sorry, but I am inherently lazy and trying to avoid
a trip to the local fasterner store.

Tom

Mailing Address:

Tom Yelin, U.S. Geological Survey