[ANSS-netops] ethernet bridges

David S. Croker croker at usgs.gov
Fri Oct 31 17:41:28 GMT 2008

Richard,

That's a new company to me.  Very intriguing products.  I could see
applications for dense arrays or portable reflection arrays.  They
would probably work fine for our application, except for the power
consumption.  Our installation is going to require us to use solar
and batteries at the site end, and at 1A draw, that's a lot.  The
receive end is in a building so that's no problem except for reduced
run time during a power outage (think large earthquake, radio on a
small UPS).  That's still the greatest advantage of Freewave radios.

Thanks for the info.

Dave