[ANSS-netops] FW: strange Reftek130 timing jumps -1 sec, then + 1 sec hours later [USGS]

David Oppenheimer oppen at usgs.gov
Mon Aug 4 17:24:44 GMT 2008

If you operate Reftek 130's, please read from the bottom up.  Because this
problem will take months to address, our solution is to continue waveform
acquisition but not to time arrivals. This will allow us to use the data for
ShakeMaps etc should a big quake occur.

-David

David Oppenheimer                   office:650.329.4792
U.S. Geological Survey              fax:   650.329.4732
345 Middlefield Road.-MS 977    email: oppen at usgs.gov
Menlo Park, CA 94025

  _____