Hazard Curve Application
Please do not use this application to obtain ground motion parameter values for use with the design code reference documents
covered by the
U.S. Seismic Design Maps web application
(e.g., the International Building Code and the ASCE 7 or 41 Standard).
The values returned by the two applications are not identical; please see our
documentation and the referenced codes,
standards, and guidelines for more information.
NSHMP hazard curve data are available in a variety of file formats.
To access the data programmatically,
construct url queries in the following format:
- Query must specify lat and lon.
- Query may optionally specify an output format:
- 0 for XML (default)
- 1 for JSON
- 2 for CSV
- Query may optionally specify site type and spectral period
but must specify both together.
- Site options:
- 2000 for Site Class A
- 1150 for Site Class B
- 760 for B/C Boundary
- 537 for Site Class C
- 360 for C/D Boundary
- 259 for Site Class D
- 180 for D/E Boundary
- Period options:
- 0p00 for Peak Ground Acceleration
- 0p10 for 0.1 Second (10.0 Hz)
- 0p20 for 0.2 Second (5.0 Hz)
- 0p30 for 0.3 Second (3.33 Hz)
- 0p50 for 0.5 Second (2.0 Hz)
- 0p75 for 0.75 Second (1.33 Hz)
- 1p00 for 1.0 Second (1.0 Hz)
- 2p00 for 2.0 Second (0.5 Hz)
- 3p00 for 3.0 Second (0.33 Hz)
- 4p00 for 4.0 Second (0.25 Hz)
- 5p00 for 5.0 Second (0.20 Hz)
- Flat files of the data returned by this web application are available